We can help you decide if your business needs to be VAT registered or not and complete your legally required VAT returns.
Value Added Tax is a tax levied on sales of goods and services you need to be VAT registered if:
- Your business turnover is more than £82,000 (2015-2016 tax year)
- Your business will be turning over more than £83,000 (post April 2016)
Once you are VAT registered you must:
- Charge VAT on all of your Sales
- Show the rate and amount of VAT charged on your invoices
- Include your VAT registration number on all of your invoices
- Submit VAT Returns and pay or reclaim VAT due
- Keep copies of all VAT invoices for at least six years
Angel Accounting can prepare your VAT Returns for you giving you piece of mind, we also offer a combined VAT and Book-Keeping package meaning you can leave all your paperwork worries behind. This gives you more time to spend on your business.
Every now and then the HMRC will undertake a “VAT Inspection” to make sure you are “doing things correctly”.
This is never a problem for Angel Accounting clients. All such visits are held at our offices and are conducted by our director Louise McCabe. Whilst we are happy to share a chocolate biscuit with ‘the VATman’ it’s our job to ensure you have no nasty surprises.